Saturday, August 16, 2008

A New Undertaking

I am going to experience my 25th birthday in 13 days. With that milestone fast approaching, I have decided to chronicle my 25th year. Now, I've been blogging since I was 18...blurty, then livejournal, then xanga, then myspace, then downelink, and at times I have used a mixture of them all. I haven't used the blurty or the livejoural in years. I have primarily used xanga. Every so often, I will post something on myspace or downelink. I have officially decided to challenge myself to not only blog in one place...but also to blog each and every day for a year. I am committing myself to writing at least one post every single day. And only on this site...I am forsaking my dear xanga for a whole year. Will I return to xanga when I turn 26? We'll see!

Anyway...

I am ready to admit the truth about myself and how I conduct myself in relationships. I am clingy. Maybe even obsessive. Shanee is doing family things today. Every year, her uncle hosts a huge crab dinner at his house and family comes from far and wide to reunite and enjoy themselves and it's this weekend. Plus, she hasn't seen her father since Christmas so it's extra sweet this time around. I was pre-warned that cell phone service is funny at her uncle's house...and I remember it being sparse last year. Despite all this, I still feel some type of way about the fact that I haven't heard from her in 3 hours. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me...why do I trip like this??

Even though she isn't calling me or in my inbox like I would like her to be, she has turned me on to a new band called Cobra Starship. I'm really liking them. I don't think they're actually new and I don't think they're mainstream, but that's all the more reason to be feelin' 'em! I have been in love with Colbie Caillat for almost two years now, way before Bubbly hit the radio. I remember being young and loving Twista and I remember a marked decrease in my enjoyment of his music after everybody at my middle skool was running around talkin about "geeettt ittt weettttt."I know that being underground doesn't do much for the artist, but I enjoy them more that way for some reason.

I hired someone! I can see the end of my 11 and 13 hour days! His name is Chann and he's a photographer that needs a steady part-time job! It seems perfect. I hope that his drug test comes back clean and that he turns out to be a good employee. There is a slight problem though...I can see that on his first evaluation, there will have to be a discussion about oral hygiene. He had a good case of halitosis today.

I am happy that the Colts were at least able to beat the Falcons in the preseason tonight since it seems that the Redskins and the Panthers posed a problem for us and that just shouldn't be the case. Enough about that...

In an attempt to get myself in the habit of blogging daily, I am going to start now and not just wait until my birthday. So, until tomorrow...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are thrilled that you have a new employee!! I hope he works out too...how many more do you think you can get?

And turning the big 25...yikes..Thank goodness I have a year before being reflective and introspective...

And in regards to Miss Shanee...it's hard to say if you're being "clingy"...I don't really think so...I think its difficult and more taxing since its ld...and you have to rely on that kind of heavy communication to make up for the difference of face to face time...does that make sense??

Well girlie...I must say I'm diggin the new spot...

Anonymous said...

Get it wet is still my shyt!!!

So you're turning 25 huh? I'm not too far off. We're getting old lol.

Hmmm I don't think you're being clingy. You're just used to talking to her all the time. YOU KNOW I UNDERSTAND, but we're not about to get into that.